These thick chewy yet crispy coconut einkorn oat cookies, adapted from taste, are vegan, dairy-free and refined sugar-free. They are super easy to put together and make a delicious afternoon treat with a glass of chilled milk.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F or 160C/320F fan-force. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place coconut oil and agave nectar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until fully combined. Remove from heat. Allow to cool.
- Whisk together the ground einkorn, baking soda, oats, coconut sugar, desiccated coconut, sunflower seeds, roasted peanuts, chia seeds and cranberries. Add in cooled coconut oil mixture and stir until well combined. The mixture will still be crumbly.
- Place firmly packed level 1/4 cup measures of mixture on prepared trays and press down slightly, allowing room for spreading. Bake for 18 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
These trumpet-shaped fleshy mushrooms, also known as "golden chanterelle" and "egg mushroom," are nutty, with an aroma of apricots or peaches. The distinctively flavoured chanterelle mushrooms contain high amounts of vitamin D2, significant amounts of protein and iron. They should be kept dry and refrigerated, and used within a week.
|Chanterelle Omelette||Sauteed Chanterelles with Fresh Herbs|
These blueberry banana spelt muffins, adapted from bakingbites, are incredibly moist and low in fat and sugar. The combination of sweet bananas and super healthy fresh blueberries make these energy-packed homemade treats a hit for any occasion.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F. Line a 12-hole standard muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together the spelt flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together mashed bananas, coconut oil, stevia, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture evenly between paper cases. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden and just firm to touch. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
This effortless meal from the oven features chicken breasts baked in an Italian-seasoned tomato sauce and it came out super moist, tender and it's on the table in just 30 minutes. It is high in protein and low in fat, but fabulous in flavour.
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Brush a baking pan with olive oil.
- Open up the chicken breasts on a flat surface and slice each down the center to provide 2 portions. Trim off and discard membranes and fat. Pound each chicken breast half lightly with a flat mallet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the prepared baking pan.
- Combine together the pureed tomato, chicken broth, cream, pressed garlic, Italian seasoning, black olives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle the chicken with some shredded mozzarella cheese if desired and some more fresh parsley.
Learn how to use coconut oil in your everyday drinks and enjoy some unique coconut oil drink recipes on us.
We all know how good coconut oil is for our health when cooking with coconut oil, but sometimes finding unique ways to add it to your diet can be challenging. But have you ever thought about adding it to a drink? Adding coconut oil to your favorite drink or using it in a new coconut oil drink recipe, is a great way to get your daily amount of coconut oil and all of the health benefits that go with it. You can easily add a tablespoon of coconut oil to any drink, which will result in a tasty drink with lots of flavor. Here are some coconut oil drink recipes we think you will love.
Coconut Oil Avocado Shake- 2 Servings
Lemon Coconut Oil Green Tea Drink - 1 Serving
Homemade Instant Breakfast Drink - 1 Serving
Very Berry Coconut Oil Smoothie - 1 Serving
Green Dream Smoothie - 1 Serving
Super Health Smoothie - 1 Serving
The Bottom Line
Have some fun adding coconut oil to your daily routine. Coconut nut oil tastes great and you can use it in just about anything. Your body will thank you!
And if you are still unconvinced then here is a research about the health benefits of coconut oil.
A light, vegan salad of arugula, mint, cilantro and crisp pan seared tofu drizzled with a deliciously tangy-sweet blueberry balsamic based dressing. You can add some chopped nuts or seeds to add extra nutrition, flavour and crunch.
- Wash the blueberries and pat dry with paper towels. Puree 100 grams of blueberries, vinegar, 6 tablespoons of the olive oil, maple syrup, and Dijon mustard in a blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season the diced tofu with salt and pepper. Heat peanut oil in a skillet over high heat. Place them into the skillet in a single layer. Cook on one side for 3 minutes until golden brown, then flip and cook 2 minutes more.
- Wash and dry the arugula. Arrange arugula and fresh herbs on a plate. Top with crisp tofu and garnish with the remaining blueberries. Serve with the prepared vinaigrette.
A spelt cake made with creamy, heart-hearty avocado, distinctive, nutrient-rich pistachios, sweetened with stevia, and an optional lemon icing. This cake is super rich, moist, and plain delicious.
Avocado Spelt Cake with Pistachiosadapted from lecker
|Cake Batter||Lemon Icing|
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and place it in a blender together with lemon juice and milk. Process until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 170C/340F. Line a loaf pan with baking paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add in ground and chopped pistachios and whisk until well combined.
- Cream together the softened butter, stevia and pinch of salt until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in vanilla. With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture alternately with the avocado mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Mix just until incorporated.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for about 70 minutes and cover the cake after 45 minutes in the oven. Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack, then turn out the cake to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Pour the icing over the cake and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios.
This super-easy salad comes together in no time. The pan seared prawns are combined with Romaine lettuce, fresh herbs and gooseberries, and then tossed with a light vinaigrette dressing that can be served as either appetizer or entrée.
- Place Romaine lettuce, cilantro leaves and gooseberries in a serving plater.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Season the prawns with the salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the prawns and cook until they are just cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the prawns over the salad. Drizzle with the dressing.