These deliciously 'clean' breakfast cookies are wholesome make-ahead treats packed with oats, hazelnuts, emmer flour, flaxseed, almond butter, chocolate chips and lightly sweetened with maple syrup. Emmer flour can be substituted with oat flour or gluten-free flour mix to make this recipe gluten-free. Pour a glass of coconut milk, or brew a pot of steaming hot tea and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix the hazelnut meal, flaxseed meal, rolled oats, emmer flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the almond butter, flaxseed oil, maple syrup, mashed banana, egg, and vanilla extract in a blender and process a few seconds until well blended.
- Transfer the almond butter mixture to a large bowl and fold in the raisins and chocolate chips. Mix the oat nut mixture into the almond butter mixture. The dough will be thick.
- Scoop up heaping teaspoons of dough and form into balls. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flatten the cookies with a spatula. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.